The Intershelter™domes received engineer and Department of Labor (OSHA) approval for use as migrant worker housing.
"When Gov. Gary Locke was in office, he declared migrant housing the state's most urgent rural housing need."
"In addressing the urgent need for decent, affordable farmworker housing, not only do we need to pool our resources—we need to cultivate new ones."
- Kim Herman, Executive Director Washington State Housing Finance Commission
Intershelter domes endorsed as "migrant housing of the future" by F.E.W.A.
The benefits of Intershelter™ Domes for temporary labor housing:
- Safe - approved by state and federal agencies for housing
- Economical - affordable and usable season after season
- Durable - reliable protection from the elements and decades of use
- Portable - ship and set up anywhere, take down and move with ease
- Rapid-deployment - provide your workers with safe housing in no time
- Flexible - various configurations, colors, and add-on options available
Intershelter™ Domes has a strong, proven track record of providing comfortable, indestructible, economical, and very portable housing options.
Our buildings go up as fast as a tent and once up pass residential building codes in Los Angeles, which are the most stringent in the country. In many states and counties the cost of providing adequate migrant housing qualifies for state or local grants and possible tax deductions.
Intershelter™ Domes's revolutionary portable buildings are the next generation solution for worker housing for ranchers and farmers.
floor plans & layouts
One 20-foot pod can shelter up to 6 men while a compound of five shelters can accommodate 20 men with a living area between.